Monday, February 13, 2012

This is Me.

When I was considering starting up this blog I knew that I would want to have each of the contributing writers tell our readers about themselves as their first post.  I knew that I too would need an introduction post.  So, I began to think about what I wanted the post to say.  What are the things about Janessa that I feel are the most important?  Who means the world to me? What things have had the most impact in my life?  What do I want people to know about me and my journey?  Who am I?


After considerable thought I decided that the first thing I wanted to share is that I am a believer.  My God is the most important part of my life.  HE is in control and has my life in His hands.  HE has been working on me A LOT in the last few years and as much as I have not understood or even liked some of what has happened or continues to happen, I am THANKFUL that everyday I am coming to a deeper relationship with my Papa and that by His Grace I am saved.  No matter what I do, or say, how I feel, or how often I seem to lose sight of Him, HE never changes, never leaves me, and always loves me.


I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, Gord, who loves me just as I am.  We will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in June of this year.  I am lucky enough to be able to say that I am more in love with him now than ever before.  We have weathered some difficult storms, but we have stuck together and are looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together.


The greatest joys in my life come in the form of three little boys.  After 11 years of marriage and coming to the conclusion that we just weren't meant to have children, God chose to give us Gabriel (Gabe) who is now 8years old, Zachary (Zach) who is 5, and finish our family with Isaac who is 2.  They are all unique in personality, but look very much alike.  At times I feel very out numbered and still don't totally understand the love that the male gender has for burps, farts and other such bodily noises, but I love them with all of my heart.  They teach me, mold me, frustrate me, make me laugh, cry, sing and scream, all before 9am....Some days I wonder what God was thinking, but most of the time I am just thankful for them.


So,  what else?  I am 40 years old.  I am a stay at home mom, and seem to always be finding more laundry, especially stray socks.  I have an ongoing battle with my weight that I am sure I will post about in the future.  I recently moved to just outside of Sarnia and have been blessed with an awesome home to rent for the next few months that looks out over Lake Huron.  Its absolutely beautiful....and I'm sure I will post about how we got here and why at some point as well.  My life has been a journey.  There was I time when I hated that.  Don't get me wrong, I do not enjoy everything that we are going through, but every day I see more and more how God is working things out. 


I love music and movies, renovation shows, crime dramas like CSI and the Mentalist, and inspirational stories.  I enjoy crafty stuff, photography, and reading however I have not seemed to make the time for much of any of them for far too long.  I love spending time with my family and friends, and hope that some of them will come to visit us soon!


I look forward to introducing you to the other wonderful ladies who will be joining me here at The Sharing Sisterhood.  Please let me know if you are interested in becoming a regular or a guest contributor.  The more the merrier!


Many blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment